The increasing cases of cancer, usage of pharmacogenomics for drug development and disease management, enhancements in molecular cytogenetics and its expanding application in agriculture, requirement for predicting chromosomal abnormalities based on genes, and surging geriatric population are driving the usage of molecular cytogenetics. From $1.8 billion in 2017, the molecular cytogenetics market is projected to reach $3.3 billion by 2023, at a 9.9% CAGR during 2018–2023 (forecast period). The term refers to the study of chromosomes, their structure, and location and function in cells, in order to detect inherited diseases.
Consumables, instruments, and software and services are the various market categories, when segmented by offering. In 2017, consumables dominated the industry, with a 40.0% revenue share, on account of the increasing usage of antibiotic/antimycotic solutions, media, salt solutions, disposables, and ancillary reagents in laboratories, for research. During the forecast period, software and services would observe the highest CAGR in the molecular cytogenetics market, of 10.5%, due to the rapid automation of laboratory processes and outsourcing of costly services.
Another important reason behind the growth of the molecular cytogenetics market is the advancements in technologies. These techniques help analyze the 3D organization of genomes and the genetic changes that lead to various diseases. Enhancements in FISH have led to more-precise molecular diagnostics and research, while array-comparative genomic hybridization is helping bring cytogenetics and molecular biology closer. Additionally, the automation of the testing process saves cost and time for every case and provides better patient care and diagnostic efficiency, thereby becoming increasingly popular in research labs and medical centers.
Download sample copy of this report: https://www.psmarketresearch.com/market-analysis/molecular-cytogenetics-market/report-sample
Apart from their increasing use in human disease detection and management, the significance of genomic in-situ hybridization (GISH), flow sorting, and FISH, in crop improvement is also aiding in the molecular cytogenetics market progress. Such techniques are being rapidly adopted to create genetic, physical, comparative, and molecular maps, artificial plant chromosomes as well as amphiploids, interspecific hybrids, and autotetraploids. Further, FISH is also finding application in the characterization of alien segments. Integrating genetic manipulation and molecular cytogenetics with structural and functional genomics is helping solve several issues related to plant breeding.
This Study Covers
• Historical and the present size of the molecular cytogenetics market
• Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
• Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
• Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
• Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
• Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
• Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
• Major players operating in the market and their service offerings